Extend construction deadline by two years, RWAs write to Uttar Pradesh CM – ET RealEstate

NOIDA: The Federation of Noida Residents’ Welfare Associations (FONRWA) has written to chief minister Yogi Adityanath requesting him to grant an extension of two years on the construction deadline of private plotted houses.

The deadline set by the state government was July 31, 2021, and now the federation has asked for it to be extended to July 31, 2023.

The residents’ body has cited job loss and unavailability of adequate labourers as the reasons for seeking the extension.

“Construction activities for government as well as private housing projects were stopped during the lockdown. Several workers had gone back to their hometowns/villages and that brought everything to a standstill,” Yogendra Sharma, the president, FONRWA.

He added, “We are getting requests from residents of various sectors in Noida seeking an extension for the completion of projects on plots allotted by the Noida Authority. Hence we have written to the chief minister requesting for an extension till July 31, 2020.”

The federation has said that is it not possible to construct the houses within such a short time period now.

“The pandemic has affected us in a big way, especially the lockdowns, which have brought social and economic lives to a standstill. Thus, we have requested the CM to kindly provide some to those owners of plots who wish to construct their houses by extending the deadline,” said KK Jain, secretary general, FONRWA.



Source link

Home buyers in Uttar Pradesh can avail OTS offer till December – ET RealEstate

LUCKNOW: In another relief to pandemic hit home buyers in the state, the state government has decided to extend the one time settlement (OTS) scheme for allottees till December 31. The scheme had come to an end on Wednesday.

The development gains significance as it comes amid soaring numbers of house allottees defaulting on payments and thereby causing revenue loss to the housing board and development authorities.

In a fresh communique sent to the housing board and various development authorities, the UP housing and urban planning department laid down detailed amendments affected in the original OTS which came into being on February 7 earlier this year.

This followed CM Yogi Adityanath‘s directions to the housing department to come up with OTS scheme.

Follow and connect with us on , Facebook, Linkedin



Source link

Shahberi residents want probe into 1,500 illegal registries since building collapse – ET RealEstate

NOIDA: Two years since the twin-building collapse that claimed nine lives, residents in Greater Noida‘s Shahberi village are demanding a probe by a central agency like CBI or Enforcement Directorate into illegal constructions in the area that have continued unabated since the incident.

Around 1,500 registries have been done in Shahberi since the twin-building collapse in 2018 and the latest property registration took place on July 14, according to government records accessed by .

Shahberi in Uttar Pradesh‘s Gautam Buddh Nagar is a notified area under the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) where no construction can take place without approval from it.

The Allahabad High Court had also passed an order in 2014 to put a stay on any illegal construction in Shahberi, where nine people, including a child, were killed on July 17, 2018 when two adjoining buildings collapsed.

UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on July 24, 2019 called for fixing accountability of officials and builders responsible for illegal construction and for risking thousands of human lives. He was speaking during a meeting with officials of the Noida, the Greater Noida and the Yamuna Expressway authorities.

“Accountability should be fixed for officials and builders responsible for illegal construction. Those who have played with lives of thousands of residents should be sent to jail and an FIR should be lodged. Also they should be booked under the National Security Act (NSA),” he was quoted as saying in an official statement.

There was also an audit report prepared by IIT Delhi on construction quality of buildings in Shahberi which found that most structures in the area are unsafe and it predicted their life to be 10 years, the locals claimed.

“We have lost faith in the local administration, police and the local authorities, we just want the UP government to call for a probe into the illegal constructions here by the CBI or the Enforcement Directorate,” Abhinav Khare, a Shahberi resident, told .

The 28-year-old Khare, working with a bank, lives hardly 100 metres away from the buildings which had collapsed in 2018 and said the people there are living under a perpetual fear ever since the audit over construction quality of their building.

“The GNIDA and the administration are responsible for our plight since construction and registry of properties continued illegally despite court orders. Builders told us that registries were being done that means other people are staying there, meaning all flats are legal. Even the banks confirmed the home loans without checking approval of maps. We have been duped,” Khare, who bought a flat there in 2016, alleged.

Neha Singh, another resident, said that she had bought a flat in the area in September 2017 and two months later got to know she and several others like her were duped by builders as they were sold illegally-built flats.

“The registry we got actually has no value since an order of ‘status quo’ which was passed by the Allahabad High Court in October 2014. It means that no one can raise any construction in Shahberi since October 2014. The flat we were sold has no approval from the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority,” she told .

“While our builder showed us sanctioned map and permissions for construction by the local authority but they were all forged documents. We realised we were living in an illegally-constructed five-floor building with 15 flats. Currently there are 11 families living here with an uncertain future,” Singh added.

The local police had also lodged an FIR based on the woman’s complaint regarding illegal constructions in Shahberi in June 2018, just a month before the twin-building collapse in the area.

“There has been no real action on builders. All what is shown is merely an eye wash because there has been no end to registries of properties in Shahberi despite all the tough talk by police, local authorities and the state government,” Singh alleged.

District Magistrate Suhas L Y did not respond to ‘s phone call and text messages for a response to the illegal registries being done in Shahberi.

When contacted, GNIDA CEO Narendra Bhooshan said nobody should buy any flat or property whose map has not been sanctioned by the Greater Noida Authority.

“The authority cannot take responsibility of safety of any building whose construction has not been authorised by it. People should avoid this risk. We have also issued a helpline number to help people regarding confirmation of related facts and information,” Bhooshan told .

Last year a Special Investigation Team (SIT) was formed to probe illegal constructions in Shahberi. An official part of the SIT said there were around 80 FIRs lodged and action taken against approximately 50 builders till January 2020.

“Not many cases have been added since January. Now only follow up remains in the cases that have been registered. The cases need to be disposed based on investigation. But the SIT has lost steam since January due to the change in police system (commissionerate system) and later due to outbreak of COVID-19,” the official told requesting anonymity.



Source link

Uttar Pradesh government orders relocation of farmers in Jewar airport project – ET RealEstate

File photo

LUCKNOW: The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has issued a notification for acquisition of over 48 hectares of land to relocate around 3,600 people affected by the Jewar International airport project.

The move is an attempt to fast-track the construction of the airport.

The notification issued under section 19 (1) of the Land Acquisition Act on July 11, also paves way for compensation to the people affected by the greenfield project. This is seen as an alternative to New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport for the people living in the National Capital Region (NCR).

The notification was issued by Special Secretary, Civil Aviation, Surendra Singh, and is for the acquisition of 48.097 hectares of land in Gram Jewar Bangar for which the Uttar Pradesh government had issued the preliminary notification on April 13, suggesting identification of land for relocation of the affected farmers.

The land acquisition in Jewar had hit uncertainty in 2018 after farmers objected to it, citing reservations over the amount of compensation.

The then Yamuna Expressway and Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) Chairman, Prabhat Kumar had said that if farmers did not accept the terms and conditions then the project may have to be shelved.

Subsequently, the farmers were offered the rate ranging from Rs 2,300 to Rs 2,500 per square meter for the agricultural land that was to be acquired for an international airport project in Jewar, along the Yamuna Expressway.

The state government will now have to get the notification published in the state gazette besides two newspapers, of which one would be in the local language. The notification would also be circulated in local language through District Magistrate, Panchayat and urban local body.

Earlier, the Gautam Buddha Nagar administration had set August 15 as the deadline for completing the process of acquisition of 48 hectares of land for the development of a township for those affected by the airport project.

The concessionaire, Zurich AG has been given the deadline of August 17 for completing the formalities to begin work. However, it is likely to get an extension if the international flight movement remains disrupted because of the corona crisis.

Around 600 families comprising over 1,300 people are expected to be affected by the land acquisition in Jewar Bangar.

Considered as a flagship project in the NCR, the Jewar airport would be a civil aviation hub with at least four air strips and a civil aviation academy.

This, along with the Kushinagar airport project, is proposed to be piloted by the state government with the help of Airport Authority of India (AAI) in the next few years.



Source link