HC notice to Goa government over inclusion of Parra under ‘planning area’ – ET RealEstate

PANAJI: A division bench of the high court of Bombay at Goa has issued notices to the state government over a petition challenging the inclusion of Parra village under the North Goa Planning and Development Authority (NGPDA).

Four members of the Parra gram sabha petitioned the court seeking that a notification dated January 25, 2018 — which declared Parra as a planning area and brought it under the jurisdiction of NGPDA — be set aside.

Following the decision to include Parra as a planning area, the NGPDA embarked on formulating the outline development plan for the village after publishing the land use register map.

“This action is contrary to the 73rd Constitutional Amendment and to the provisions of the Goa Panchayat Raj Act, 1994, destructive of village level planning and compromises the petitioners’ constitutional rights to plan their own development,” the petition stated.

“Neither the panchayat nor the gram sabha has been consulted about this takeover of the planning powers of the panchayat assigned to it under the Constitution of India,” the petition stated.

“After the 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act ushered panchayati raj into the country and the Goa Panchayati Raj Act 1994, several villages that had been made a part of the planning areas under the TCP Act 1984 were consciously removed by a series of notifications from the jurisdiction of planning areas,” the petition further stated.

The court ordered the petition to be placed on board on December 21.

The petitioners include Claude Alvares, Casmiro Da Cunha, Agnelo Alphonso and Genevieve Saldanha e Fernandes.

They stated that they have participated in several gram sabhas to discuss village land use and development plans, including the notified Regional Plan 2021 and are filing the petition to enforce their constitutional rights to plan their own development which has been recently trampled upon by the inclusion of their village in the planning area of NGPDA.

The court directed notices to be issued to the state of Goa, panchayat of Parra, NGPDA, town and country planning board and director of panchayats.



Source link

Greater Noida: Five villages in Dadri will be covered in Svamitva scheme – ET RealEstate

GREATER NOIDA: The Gautam Budh Nagar administration has begun the identification process of villages to be covered under the Centre’s ambitious Svamitva Scheme.

Survey of India has fixed the date and schedule for the district to carry out the identification exercise and a team from the body is expected to arrive at the NTPC’s Dadri guest house on November 17.

The survey will take place between November 18 and 28 and at least five villages will be covered in a day. Of the 322 villages in the district, only 88 fall under the panchayati raj department.

Sources said the team will use drones in the property attribute collection process and will be carried out within a 10-day period and post that property attribute linking process will be completed by the revenue department and the panchayati raj department.

“The priority will be to cover 88 villages in the district,” said Diwakar Singh, additional district magistrate, nodal officer for the exercise.

Follow and connect with us on , Facebook, Linkedin



Source link

Rajasthan: Schemes non-existent, 87,916 rural houses still incomplete – ET RealEstate

File photo

JAIPUR: As per the data available with the rural development department, of the 4.87 lakh houses sanctioned under Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) from 2011-12 to 2015-16, building of 46,817 houses is yet to be completed and under CM-BPL houses scheme, of the 6.69 lakh houses sanctioned from 2011-12 to 2013-14, construction of 41,099 houses is still incomplete.

While both the schemes are non-existent now, 13,239 houses under CM-BPL scheme and 14,287 houses under IAY are disputed.

Appropriate action (even registering FIRs) will be taken against those beneficiaries who didn’t complete building their houses despite getting the sanctioned money, and also those who fled with the money without utilising the same to build houses. There are also some who used the money for other purposes (like repayment of bank loans), said an official.

An order issued by ACS rural development and panchayati raj department Rajeshwar Singh directed the district collectors to complete building all the sanctioned houses under both the schemes by August 31. Under both the schemes, Rs 70,000 were allotted to each beneficiary to build houses.

“Even though these two schemes are non-existent, building of houses under these schemes is incomplete even now. Both the schemes were discontinued about 5-7 years ago. FIR will be lodged against those who took the first instalment money and fled without building their houses. There are also some who took the second instalment of money and did not complete their houses. These beneficiaries will be motivated and pressurized to complete building houses. Some money has also been recovered from many defaulters,” said the official.



Source link