About 80 families stay put in Jewar villages over rehabilitation demands – ET RealEstate

File photo

GREATER NOIDA: Families from six villages affected by the Jewar airport project will assemble at the rehabilitation and resettlement (RnR) site in Jewar Bangar township on Saturday morning to press for their pending demands.

About 450 families still have certain issues that remain unresolved, of which 70 to 80 families are staying put at their native villages without power and water connections. They claim that many benefits under the rehabilitation scheme have not been passed on to them.

These dissenting villagers are, in fact, camping under broken houses, tents or tarpaulin. Most of them are staying in Nagla Shareef Khan and Nagla Ganeshi, with a handful camping in Rohi too. In the absence of electricity, their lives are similar to the ones who stay in refugee camps with bare minimum resources.

Hasan Mohammad, 41, from Nagla Shareef Khan is one such villager.

He claims that benefits due to his son Nasruddin have not been offered under the RnR scheme. Though an adult member of the displaced families is eligible for Rs 5 lakh and a plot, Nasruddin has not got the money or other benefits.

The team constituted to address the grievances of the affected villagers had rejected the claims by dubbing Nasruddin as a minor. Under the RnR scheme and the Land Acquisition Act, benefits can be offered only to adults. To determine the eligibility of adults, authorities kept November 3, 2018, as the cut-off date.

Though Nasruddin’s Aadhaar card shows his date of birth as February 5, 2018, he was not found eligible for the RnR scheme. “He was not present in the village during the first two surveys. He is a bit slow and mostly remains indoors under someone’s watch,” said his father.

Similarly in his early 40s, Shiv Kumar stayed back in Rohi. “My four sons have not been offered RnR benefits and plots. We submitted all the documents to the team of officials that visited our village in July. Some left out children were included but my sons were shown as outsiders by the team,” he said.

Grievances pertaining to RnR scheme benefits of several others from Nagla Shareef Khan, Nagla Ganeshi and Rohi such as Fakruddin, Haseena and Harpal also remain unsolved.

When contacted, sub-divisional magistrate of Jewar, Rajni Kant said, “We are going to visit the RnR site on Saturday morning. We will make a list of families having grievances. Though we have already disposed of the grievances in July, issues that appear genuine will be examined again.”



Source link

Construction of aqua line extension to Greater Noida west may begin this year – ET RealEstate

NOIDA: Construction of the first phase of Aqua Line’s extension towards Greater Noida (west) is likely to begin this year itself. A revised detailed project report of the five stations on the route has been approved by the state government. It has now been sent to the Centre for a final nod.

Officials in the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) are expecting the Centre’s approval by the end of November. That will pave the way for construction to begin in December.

Three companies have already shown interest in the technical bids that were floated recently. One of them — M/s GR Infraprojects Limited, M/s SAM (India) Builtwell Private Limited and M/s Ashoka Buildcon Limited — would be chosen after the project is approved by the Union government. “The civil tenders have been floated and the technical evaluation is nearly complete. Only the financial bidding is left. We can begin construction as soon as the approval comes,” said Manoj Vajpayee, general manager (technical) at NMRC.

The DPR of Aqua Line’s extension to Greater Noida (west) had to be revised after the Centre raised questions on the previous one. “We have revised it and sent it to the Centre again. The state government has already approved it,” said a spokesperson for NMRC. He added that the Centre had been requested to expedite the approval process so that construction could begin at the earliest. The 15km-long Aqua Line extension is being built at a cost of Rs 1,100 crore. It will have a total of nine stations, all of which will be elevated. These stations will branch out from the existing Sector 51.

The route will take metro connectivity into a developing area that has seen a significant rise in population in recent years because thousands of flats held up over various litigations are being delivered now. Metro connectivity is crucial because public transport here is scarce and residents have to depend on private cars for moving around.

The five stations in the first phase are sectors 122, 123, Greater Noida Sector 4, Ecotech 12 and Greater Noida Sector 2. Although the DPR has projected a footfall of 50,000, officials have raised questions on the figure. The existing Aqua Line route currently sees 12,000 passengers on an average daily.

NMRC, meanwhile, will also be working on another extension of Aqua Line — towards Bodaki. This will have only three stations after Depot and will cover another 6km. Officials said this extension, too, had been approved by the board of Greater Noida Authority and sent to the state cabinet for approval. However, the DPR for the new metro line from Sector 142 to Botanical Garden still needs a nod.



Source link

Noida: Buyers of Shubhkamna Group handed bank notice to take legal help – ET RealEstate

NOIDA: Some buyers of two projects of Shubhkamna group, where not a single flat has been delivered so far, have decided to take legal help against recovery proceedings initiated against them by banks for not paying successive EMIs.

The two projects — Shubhkamna Techome in Noida Sector 137 and Shubhkamna City in Greater Noida — had been floated by the same group that owns Impex PSA Pvt Ltd. On September 24, a buyer of Sampada Livia, a stuck project of Impex, secured a stay from the Delhi high court against recovery notices issued by the bank.

Flats in the two Shubhkamna projects were supposed to have been delivered between 2015 and 2016. In all the three projects, including Sampada Livia, not a single of the 2,050-odd apartments has been handed so far. Many buyers have stopped paying installments to banks.

“Originally, the promoters of all the three projects were the same, but they floated different companies to execute them. Only Diwakar Sharma and Harish Kumar were sent to jail in September 2018 and September 2020, respectively. The remaining directors are all absconding,” said Raju Singhala, president of the Shubhkamna Techome group housing welfare association.

Diwakar Sharma was one of the three directors of Shubhkamna Buildtech Pvt Ltd and also the chief executive officer of Impex PSA Pvt Ltd. Harish Kumar was one of the four directors of Impex.

“Several court orders have been issued against them and we have made numerous complaints to the Greater Noida Authority. But thousands of buyers are still stuck,” said Subhash Chandra, president of Shubhkamna City group housing welfare association

Some of the buyers issued notices for not paying EMIs have now decided to move the Delhi high court for relief.

According to Chandra, there are more than 100 buyers in Shubhkamna City who have been issued notices by banks so far. “Some have already petitioned the court. The others have decided to implead themselves and take legal help,” said Chandra.

“In our project, close to 10-12 buyers have got the notices from banks. They are going to examine the high court order and the petition of the buyer who has been given relief,” said Singhala.



Source link

RWAs urge Noida authority to penalise owners of vacant plots – ET RealEstate

NOIDA: Unoccupied plots have emerged as a major security concern in several sectors with some residents’ welfare associations urging the Noida Authority to impose hefty fines on the owners of such plots.

The weed-infested vacant plots, most of which have turned into dumpyards, pose threat to the health of the residents by dint of their being home to swarms of poisonous insects, rodents and snakes.

According to Umesh Sharma, RWA president of sector 122, vacant plots with or without incomplete houses or structures are scattered across the area. “There are more than 80 such plots in this condition in the sector. Last year, there were 110 such plots. While passing by them, one feels like crossing a haunted place. These plots have also become a haven for poisonous snakes, germs and insects,” Sharma said.

The Noida Authority, Sharma added, must impose an appropriate fine on all such plots or houses owners or investors, who mostly are waiting to sell them for a profit rather than use for residential purposes.

Asim Thakurta, a resident of sector 39, said, “We have written to the Noida Authority several times about such under-construction houses becoming dumping grounds. However, it has been seen that after the Authority issues notice to the owners, they just clean their plot and go away. Three months later, the problem is back. Unless the Authority takes strict action against such owners, like levying hefty fines along with the notices to clean up, this problem will keep resurfacing,” Thakurta said.

In August, the Noida Authority had identified about 600 vacant plots of different sizes across the city via a GIS (geographic information system) survey conducted through drone cameras with the help of the National Information Centre. Based on their physical and online record verification, a residential plot scheme will be floated soon, sources from the authority said.



Source link