Gurugram: DTCP issues notice to builder of Ardee City for delayed registry – ET RealEstate

GURUGRAM: The developer of Ardee City in Sector 52 is likely to face action for delay in the execution of registry of the homes of around 300 families.

These families have been waiting for the rightful ownership of their houses for over a decade now.

Now, the department of town and country planning (DTCP) has issued a notice to the developer stating that the process of execution of the pending registries should be started within a week’s time or else a FIR would be registered against the developer. Earlier in March, the chief minister had directed the department to ensure registry.

While the developer has cited non-payment of maintenance amount by residents as the reason behind the delay, residents have claimed that the entire amount has been paid.

Buyers started getting possession of their homes in 2008. At present, 300 families are living in Ardee City without conveyance deeds of the properties. As a result, they have been unable to sell or purchase homes in the area, and neither can they mortgage their properties with a bank for loans, if required.

Residents alleged they have moved from pillar to post for registry but the issue hasn’t been resolved till now. The matter was also raised before chief minister Monahar Lal Khattar during a grievance committee meeting in Gurgaon on February 15. Khattar had directed the district town planner (DTP) to initiate registry and complete it within one month.Gurgaon district town planner RS Batth said the process was delayed due to the lockdown imposed due to Covid-19. After relaxation of lockdown norms and re-opening of government offices, the developer was asked to submit the details of buyers but they haven’t received a response yet, he said.

“In a notice issued on Thursday, we have given the developer a week’s time to submit the details of homebuyers who have deposited the outstanding amounts and those who haven’t. If the developer fails to submit these documents within a week, an FIR will be lodged against them (developer),” Gurgaon district town planner RS Batth said, adding that several meetings have been conducted on the matter and department has directed developers to complete registry.

Anil Hasija of Gopal Dass Estate and Housing Pvt Ltd, the developer of Ardee City, said residents are not being denied registry of their properties, but they should first settle their dues and maintenance fees. Asked about the DTCP notice, he said, “We haven’t received it any such notice yet.”

Residents, meanwhile, said the Ardee City RWA has already submitted files of each resident with all documents showing that full payment has been made to the builder. “On March 2, the RWA submitted documents that had been meticulously arranged so that registry could be started. Since then, the department has been silent even though we have been regularly following up on the matter with them,” said Chaitali, a homebuyers.

“Families have been denied rightful ownership of their floors. This is despite having made full payments. We have sent numerous letters to the builder, but haven’t received a response. We have raised this issue at several forums as well to no avail,” she added.



Source link

Gurugram: How a planned colony became hub of illegal PGs – ET RealEstate

File photo

GURUGRAM: For residents of DLF-3, one of the oldest licensed colonies in the city, the fight is for basic amenities, and one they have been fighting since years.

“We are fighting a big battle against local mafias who have money and muscle power. They have converted the residential colony into a hub of illegal PGs and guesthouses. Be it water, electricity, guesthouses, paying guest (PG) accommodations, shops or markets — they are the ones who run the colony,” said Sameer Puri, president of DLF-3 Voice.

In 1981, DLF got a licence on a 1,450-acre land for setting up three colonies — DLF-1, 2 and 3. The maximum number of 60 sq yard plots fell under DLF-3 and these were meant for the economically weaker section (EWS) category. The plots were mostly given to locals in exchange for land and also bought by locals in many cases.

According to a resident, the cost of a 60 sq yard plot was between Rs 50,000 and Rs 1 lakh back in the late 90s. Between 2000 and 2008, many MNCs set up their offices in Gurugram, more than half of which were in DLF-3. The cost of these plots has touched Rs 1 crore now, and they are mostly bought for commercial activities, he said.

“The locals saw it as an opportunity and constructed PG accommodations and guesthouses in the hope of making quick money. Unfortunately for residents, this led to a spike in illegal and unauthorised construction in many places and today, a few blocks of DLF-3 seem like slums,” he said.

Nearly 1,750 structures in DLF-3 have violated building norms in the form of illegal construction or misuse of the building as commercial property, Puri said. “The DTCP action has revived hope. I wish it will continue till the menace is brought to an end,” he said.

Almost all the owners of the 60 sq yard plots in the colony, particularly in U block, have constructed buildings with up to six floors, in complete violation of norms. Most of the occupants are young professionals employed with firms in Cyber Hub, Golf Course Road and MG Road and find these accommodations affordable and close to their workplace.

Another resident told TOI that the illegal construction was destroying the civic infrastructure in the area, which has not been developed to cater to the needs of so many people. To meet the water demands of those living on illegal floors, plot owners have been exploiting the groundwater, he said.

“The electricity load per plot is over 12KV, which is not allowed as per the rules. In case of any natural calamity like an earthquake, these illegal multi-storey buildings will collapse and lead to major loss of life and property,” he added.

As per rules, only two-and-a-half-storey houses can be constructed with 60% ground coverage on any given plot. But in DLF-3, plot owners have constructed more than five- to seven-storey buildings with 100% ground coverage.

DLF technical head Sekhar Basu said the developer had been raising the issue with the concerned authorities for many years. “It is good that some action has been taken. We will keep following it up with the department,” he said.

District town planner RS Batth admitted that the buildings are not safe. “People need to understand that living in these structures is extremely unsafe,” he said.



Source link

Gurugram: Three committees to resolve issues of CHD Developers, Ramprastha Group projects – ET RealEstate

GURUGRAM: Around 250 buyers of around 90 residential projects in Gurgaon attended the first ‘Justice for homebuyers’ meet organised by Badshapur MLA Rakesh Daultabad at John Hall in Civil Lines. Apart from the MLA, officials from the district administration, department of town and country planning (DTCP), H-Rera, Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon and police were also present.

Daultabad directed officials to form three special committees in consultation with DTCP and H-Rera for speedy resolution of matters relating to projects under two private builders — CHD Developers Ltd and Ramprastha Group — as well as those under HSIIDC in Manesar.

A senior DTCP official said most of the complaints centred on high maintenance charges in affordable houses, poor construction quality and demands for structural audit of projects, absence of roads, pending occupation certificates and lack of amenities.

Meanwhile, buyers attending the meeting complained of lack of adherence to social distancing norms and “chaos”; many returned disappointed as they didn’t get an opportunity to share their problems with officials.

“The biggest concern was that no social distancing norms were followed at the meeting. Also, sanitisers were kept there, but no thermal scanning was done,” said Vishal Rekhi, a resident of CHD Avenue 71.

Another participant, Anurag Upadhyay from Ramprastha Skyz society, said such meetings will help buyers only if officials are able to provide solutions to their issues.

A DTCP official said strict action will be taken on all the complaints within 30 days, including filing of FIRs against the defaulting builders.

“Most departments are aware of the issues raised in the meeting. Working on solutions would be better, rather than discussing the problems again and again,” another official said.

Asked about the deadline to resolve the issues discussed in the meeting, MLA Rakesh Daultabad said they are of different natures. “Some can be resolved in one month, while others may take a few months. We will hold the meet regularly and deadlines will be fixed for the issues separately,” he said.



Source link

Gurugram civic body may take over 38 villages, awaits government’s nod – ET RealEstate

GURUGRAM: The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) has received in-principle approval for the takeover of 38 villages in the district. Divisional commissioner Ashok Sangwan approved the proposal in a meeting he chaired on Monday. The corporation will now forward the proposal to the state government.

“We have received in-principle approval from the divisional commissioner. We are sending the proposal to the state government for the final nod,” MCG commissioner Vinay Pratap Singh told TOI.

If taken over, nearly 7,070 acres of land in these 38 villages will come under the corporation. MCG plans to lay sewer and water pipelines and construct water supply boosting stations after the takeover. Officials said none of these villages have organised sewerage.

The villages that MCG is likely to take over include Manesar (urban and rural), Daultabad, Kasan, Baskula, Wazirpur, Sikanderpur, Hayatpur, Shikohpur, Dhankot, Bajghera, Ullawas, Berampur, Bhondsi, Nayagaon and Kadarpur, among others

According to estimates prepared by the corporation, it is likely to generate revenue of Rs 97.5 crore every year after it takes over these villages. The revenue estimates include property tax of Rs 8 crore, Rs 25 crore as the share of MCG at 1% stamp duty, electricity charges of Rs 21 crore and interest of around Rs 30 crore on fixed deposits of these villages.

“We have compiled data on the population of these villages, the stamp duty that the MCG will receive, and other details. The revenue generated will then be spent on the development of these villages,” said a senior MCG official.

Sources said a majority of these villages are not in favour of the takeover. Only two villages have sent a resolution in favour of the takeover and 36 villages have still not responded. As many as 25 of these villages have fixed deposits to the tune of Rs 518 crore, which will be transferred to MCG if the takeover happens.



Source link