Haryana CM directs officials to prepare scheme for rehabilitation of slums – ET RealEstate

CHANDIGARH: Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar directed officials on Thursday to prepare a comprehensive scheme for the rehabilitation of urban slums in Haryana to take forward the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to ensure ‘housing for all’ by 2022, according to a statement.

Under the scheme, residential flats would be provided to the slum dwellers at affordable prices. To begin with, Faridabad and Gurgaon are proposed to be taken up under the scheme, the statement said.

Khattar, who was presiding over a meeting with officials regarding ‘housing for all’, said the scheme would be rolled out subsequently in other big cities of the state.

The state government’s goal is to provide affordable housing facilities to the entire slum population residing in urban areas, Khattar said, adding that the rehabilitation scheme would be prepared by the Department of ‘Housing for All’.

Under this scheme, it will be ensured that the sites for the construction of flats are suitably located within the city and the slum dwellers are shifted to residential flats with their consent. There are a large number of slum dwellers in the state who are ready to shift in constructed dwelling units, according to Khattar.

The chief minister said the flats to be constructed under the scheme would be given to the slum dwellers at affordable prices, which could be paid by them in instalments. He added that the state government could also arrange loans through banks so as to facilitate payment by the beneficiaries.

He directed the landholding departments to conduct a survey to assess the area and number of potential beneficiaries for the scheme.

Among those present in the meeting included Chief Secretary Vijai Vardhan, D S Dhesi, chief principal secretary to the chief minister; and V Umashankar, principal secretary to the chief minister.



Source link

Gurugram: First registry delay, then 2% stamp duty hike, buyers suffer twin blows – ET RealEstate

GURUGRAM: Shashank Singh, an IT professional who bought a flat in Godrej Aria in Sector 79 in August last year, could not get his property registered in his name due to some glitches in the registry software.

He had even purchased stamp paper and was eagerly awaiting for the registration process, halted by the government, to restart. After waiting for over five months, registries finally resumed at Manesar tehsil on December 24.

“When I went to the tehsil, I was shocked to find that the stamp duty had been increased by 2%. I was asked by Manesar tehsil officials to pay around Rs 2 lakh more for the registry of my flat,” said Singh.

Like Singh, thousands of property owners in new Gurugram, which is now partly under the newly-formed Municipal Corporation of Manesar (MCM) and the recently-enlarged Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG), will now have to shell out 2% more of the property cost for registration of their properties.

Devendra Kumar, who too bought property in Manesar last year, said registries stopped due to corruption in the revenue department and it took the state government around six months to rectify the system. “Why should homebuyers, who have been waiting all this time, pay an additional fee?” he asked.

Another resident said the state government should offer a -month window to property owners who had purchased stamp papers for registry before MCM was formed.
Gurugram: First registry delay, then 2% stamp duty hike, buyers suffer twin blowsMCM district revenue officer Hariom Atri said, “We have already implemented additional stamp duty of 2% in the new areas added under MCG as well as MCM. Homebuyers buying properties in these villages were paying 5% as stamp duty. Now, they will have to pay 7% as stamp duty. The revenue generated from stamp duty will be used for the development of these villages.”

Pataudi MLA Satya Prakash Jrawta has sought relaxation for owners. In a meeting held with villagers and residents of areas under MCM and newly-added areas of MCG limits on Sunday, he said, “These property owners who had applied for a registry before the state government issued notifications demarcating new limits but could not get it done due to technical glitches.”

He also said that he had received representations from such people and will forward them to the state government. “We will request the higher state authorities to look into the matter,” said the MLA.

A total of Rs 63.5 crore was collected as stamp duty from the 29 villages in Manesar that now constitute MCM in 2018-19, and Rs 43.8 crore in 2019-20. Meanwhile, Rs 35.5 crore was collected from 16 villages now under MCG in 2018-19, whereas Rs 41.3 crore was collected in 2019-20.



Source link

Emaar Gurgaon Greens residents say builder ignoring upkeep issues – ET RealEstate

File photo

GURUGRAM: Unable to get any relief from the developer on maintenance and related issues, the residents of Emaar Gurgaon Greens in Sector 102 sat on a hunger strike at the entrance gate of the society on Sunday.

Despite raising their concerns with CM window, DTCP and other agencies, none of their issues — structural and forensic audit and reversal of common area maintenance charges — has been addressed, alleged residents.

“We are on a hunger strike to protest against the dictatorship of the builder, who is earning around Rs 50 lakh in the name of management charges without their involvement in managing the society. The buyers have already submitted many memorandums to the deputy commissioner and other senior officials requesting to direct the builder to reduce the Common Area Maintenance (CAM) charges but no action has been taken,” a resident said.

The developer could not be reached for a comment regarding issues raised by the residents.

Not just this, the homebuyers have also approached the district registrar, firms & societies to provide the membership of the society, conduct the RWA elections and handover of the maintenance to the elected body.

The residents said they are already paying very high maintenance charges and the builder forced them to pay two years’ CAM charges in advance at the time of possession. In some cases, the builder even charged extra as GST, they said.

“Even after charging such high common area maintenance fee, the condition of general services in the society is very pathetic. Only one guard has been deployed in two towers and the horticultural maintenance team consists of only four people which is insufficient to take care of the green area of the society,” said Uday Mehra, a resident.



Source link

Gurugram: Before takeover, corporation asks DLF to finish infrastructure work – ET RealEstate

File photo

GURUGRAM: Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG) chief Vinay Pratap Singh has directed DLF, the developer of DLF-1, 2 and 3, to complete the pending infrastructure work in these licensed colonies by June this year for takeover by the corporation.

The state government had directed the department of town and country planning (DTCP) director to transfer the maintenance of the colonies to the MCG in February 2019, with the mandate that the civic body will take over after due verification of the work done by the developer and the deficiencies.

In a meeting to review the status of pending infrastructure work in the three colonies on Wednesday, Singh had a discussion with DLF and local councillors. He said that for the smooth takeover of these colonies, the pending work as per the detailed project report (DPR) should be completed by June. DLF representatives assured him that it would be done.

The MCG chief also directed officials of the engineering wing to prepare estimates for the additional infrastructural work required in these colonies, which isn’t mentioned in the DPR.

The councillor of ward 34, RS Rathee, said the MCG should start maintenance and upgrade of parks and drains with immediate effect. “Residents are stuck between the developer and the civic body. They are facing problems but no one is attending to their concerns due to delay in completion of infrastructural deficiencies,” he said.

Ward 35 councillor Leelu Yadav said road-related work is up to 60% complete according to DLF, but on visiting the site, it was found to be not more than 20% done. “The condition of roads and water supply is pathetic and it needs to be addressed before summer,” he said.

In December 2019, DLF had informed the MCG that it will complete the deficit infrastructure work as soon as the blanket ban on construction imposed by the Supreme Court is lifted. The developer had also said it was carrying out maintenance work related to water supply, sewerage, horticulture, general upkeep, security and others in consultation with residents and RWA.

Following the progress report submitted by the developer, Singh had directed the additional commissioner and the executive engineer to verify the claims about the work status. But the report was not verified. The developer had submitted another progress report in February last year.



Source link