DTCP seals 150 illegal commercial establishments in Gurugram – ET RealEstate

Representative Image

GURUGRAM: The department of town and country planning (DTCP) has begun massive drive against the commercial establishments that were operating in the residential buildings illegally in Gurugram.

On Tuesday, the DTCP has sealed over 150 commercial establishments and demolish two illegal under-construction building at U1 lane in DLF Phase-3 in Gurugram.

People were running saloons, property dealer shops, restaurants, medical shops and grocery shops in the area.

The massive sealing and demolition drive was resisted by locals approximately 500 persons were gathered on the spot. District Town Planner (DTP) RS Batth led the drive , Assistant Town Planner (ATP) Ashish Sharma and JEs along with 100 police personnel were present in the drive.

Batth said that under The Haryana Development and Regulation of Urban Areas Act, 1975 notices had been served to the owners of these units but there was no action taken by the owners.

“We have already served warnings that in the coming days there will be more sealing campaign will take place. As per the rules, commercial activities are not allowed in residential areas, be it licensed colonies that come under DTCP or plots in sectors falling under Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran (HSVP),” Batth said.

The DTCP had received complaint that there are over 150 houses that are allowing commercial activities to take place in their premises.

According to officials DLF Phase-3 which has a large number of PG houses and guesthouses owing to its proximity to various commercial areas like Cyber City and Golf Course road. Most of these PG’s are not licensed. Most of the PG’s in an area of 150 to 200 square yards built floors that are more than five storeys.



Source link

Gurugram: DLF told to cut water, sewage supply to illegal buildings in Phase-5 – ET RealEstate

GURUGRAM: Putting the onus of illegal construction on the developer, the department of town and country planning (DTCP) has directed DLF to disconnect illegal water and sewage connections. The developer was also directed to coordinate with the electricity department to disconnect the power connections.

The illegal construction of multi-storey buildings on small plots allotted under economically weaker section (EWS) category has emerged as a major concern in DLF areas along Golf Course Road.

Earlier, the DLF had submitted a detailed list of EWS plots in Phase-5 wherein illegal construction were carried out by the plot owner requesting the department to take appropriate action.

Despite repeated repeated attempts by TOI, DLF officials couldn’t be reached for a comment.

The DLF Phase-5, spread over 542.85 acres, has around 252 EWS plots. As per the norm, a maximum of four-storey can be constructed on these plots with the setback area of around 2 metres. But most of the plot owners are carrying construction with maximum ground coverage leaving no setback area.

Around 36 EWS plot rear boundary is common with one of the sides of the commercial site. The owner of such plots, however, while construction had violated the clause regarding the setbacks and no setbacks has been provided.

After issuing notice to DLF for disconnecting water and sewerage connection to illegally constructed buildings, DTP (enforcement) RS Batth on Friday visited Block-C of DLF Phase-5 and sealed three houses which were being constructed in violation of the building bye laws. The maintenance team of the DLF was also directed to cut the sewerage and water connection. “It was found that more than 100 plots were being constructed in violation of the bye laws, the DTCP (enforcement) office will carry out drives in coming to curb illegal construction in Phase-V,” said Batth.

Batth said strict action needs to be taken at the initial state of construction in the DLF Phase-5 to prevent it from becoming DLF Phase-3. “Water and sewerage connections are provided by the developer and they are responsible to stop providing these services to buildings with illegal construction,” he said.



Source link

DLF pre-leases 2.1 lakh sq ft space in Gurugram to Syneos Health – ET RealEstate

Representative Image

NEW DELHI: Realty major DLF has leased 210,000 sq ft of office space to US healthcare company Syneos Health, in one of the largest deals in commercial real estate in Delhi-NCR in recent times, three people aware of the development said.

The company has taken space in DLF Downtown, an upcoming project in Gurgaon.

The building is scheduled for completion in December 2021 and DLF has pre-leased close to 500,000 sq ft.

“Syneos Health was looking for a big space and have signed a letter of intent with DLF. Some of the 2.1 lakh space is under commitment to be taken later, whenever they expand their operations in India,” said one of the persons quoted above.

DLF is expected to handover the building for fit out in December 2021 and Syneos is likely to move in by March 2022.

DLF declined to comment while Syneos Health did not respond to email query till press time.

The first phase of Downtown Gurgaon— being developed under DLF Cyber City Developers (DCCDL), a joint venture between DLF and GIC—with leasable area of 1.5 million sq ft, is expected to become operational by December 2021.

“The development of Downtown, at Gurugram and Chennai, and Noida project remains on track,” DLF had said in a statement while announcing results for the quarter ended December 2020.

The first phase of Downtown Gurgaon, with leasable area of 1.5 million sq ft, is expected to become operational by December 2021. The deadline was pushed back from July 2021 due to Covid-19.

According to property consultants, leasing activity has increased in the last few months in Delhi-NCR.



Source link

Gurugram: Before takeover, corporation asks DLF to finish infrastructure work – ET RealEstate

File photo

GURUGRAM: Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG) chief Vinay Pratap Singh has directed DLF, the developer of DLF-1, 2 and 3, to complete the pending infrastructure work in these licensed colonies by June this year for takeover by the corporation.

The state government had directed the department of town and country planning (DTCP) director to transfer the maintenance of the colonies to the MCG in February 2019, with the mandate that the civic body will take over after due verification of the work done by the developer and the deficiencies.

In a meeting to review the status of pending infrastructure work in the three colonies on Wednesday, Singh had a discussion with DLF and local councillors. He said that for the smooth takeover of these colonies, the pending work as per the detailed project report (DPR) should be completed by June. DLF representatives assured him that it would be done.

The MCG chief also directed officials of the engineering wing to prepare estimates for the additional infrastructural work required in these colonies, which isn’t mentioned in the DPR.

The councillor of ward 34, RS Rathee, said the MCG should start maintenance and upgrade of parks and drains with immediate effect. “Residents are stuck between the developer and the civic body. They are facing problems but no one is attending to their concerns due to delay in completion of infrastructural deficiencies,” he said.

Ward 35 councillor Leelu Yadav said road-related work is up to 60% complete according to DLF, but on visiting the site, it was found to be not more than 20% done. “The condition of roads and water supply is pathetic and it needs to be addressed before summer,” he said.

In December 2019, DLF had informed the MCG that it will complete the deficit infrastructure work as soon as the blanket ban on construction imposed by the Supreme Court is lifted. The developer had also said it was carrying out maintenance work related to water supply, sewerage, horticulture, general upkeep, security and others in consultation with residents and RWA.

Following the progress report submitted by the developer, Singh had directed the additional commissioner and the executive engineer to verify the claims about the work status. But the report was not verified. The developer had submitted another progress report in February last year.



Source link