The developer has been directed to rectify the problems and submit a compliance report within 15 days from the issuance of the notice that was given on Wednesday. This comes after a site inspection carried out on March 21.
During inspection, the officials found that the smoke detector and its panel in the towers were not functioning. Also, the detection system inside the electrical shaft was not installed, exhaust system in the basement was dysfunctional, floor-wise shaft and door sealing was not done properly and the fire hydrant cabinet was not sealed among others.
Isham Singh Kashyap, assistant divisional fire officer, said, “Upon inspection we have found several shortcomings in the fire safety mechanism and directed the developer to take corrective measures.”
However, the representative of the developer said, “It was a general inspection and certain basic points have been brought out of maintenance nature which has been taken care of. These are minor issues and it will resolved soon. At present, the system is 90% functioning, so there is no threat to life, however, we are ensuring even the smallest issue can be corrected.”
Residents had filed a complaint with the fire department earlier this month pointing out several issues in the fire-fighting equipment in the society. They had alleged that most of the installed devices are either not working or are in very poor condition due to non-installation, faulty cables and devices. “The builder has not installed the central fire monitoring system, curtain line work in basement installation and nozzles on fire line is not completed. We are now hoping that the developer will comply with the directions and rectify the problem at the earliest,” said Rao Dharamveer, a resident of society.